And, so our journey begins, we’ve miraculously sold our house on Facebook… literally in a couple of days… despite the uneasy economy and a bizarre election to say the least. We also managed to have an enormous moving sale and sell all of our belongings… & made our way to Belton, Tx… all to pursue our American Dream.
We plan to live simple, in a trailer, at my folk’s place. Work year round on our goods and travel to shows that have a concentrated buyers market. We have about 4 months till our first show… We are planning on being at Zapp Hall near Roundtop, Texas. Our goal is to produce 50-60 pieces of furniture intermingled with our vintage accessories and original art.
Things we believe about our venture…we believe in our quality & aesthetic… we believe that color can brighten any mood &/or space… we believe vintage is always better… we believe the salvaged can be resurrected both in things and in people… we believe your home is your sanctuary and it should be as RAD as you are… we believe“MADE IN USA” and buying local isa way of life… the only way…
What we’ve realized in 2 months and why we are taking such a leap of faith…
1. Dreams require a sacrifice to come true.
2. “Things” do not determine who you are or what you’ve accomplished.
- A house is not necessary to have a home.
- Realizing and using our God given talents, abilities, and passion to glorify our Lord and Saviour is pleasing in his sight.
- We were made for this… Ben and I belong together.
- God hears and answers prayers… Amen!
- Rome was not built in a day… sad, but true
- And, our trusty Dave Ramsey quote: “You must live now like no one else, so that later on you can truly live like no one else.”
We plan to document every aspect of our unconventional journey… by blogging! So, follow our interpretation of a bohemian adventure. Stay tuned for more… So much has happened…